Miracle Million Campaign for B.C. Children’s Hospital
Since 1990 we have been helping BC Children’s Hospital to give countless children the ultimate gift: a bright future.
Over the years, with the help of BC Hydro, employees, family, and friends, the Power Pioneers have established a legacy of giving that continues today.
Power Pioneers marked a major milestone in 2015 as we reached our first $1 million goal for BC Children’s Hospital. We are now working on our second million and a goal to reach $1 million for our Ed Turner Memorial Endowment for Medical Genetics that generates annual interest income for BCCH doctors and researchers to use to advance medical genetics treatments and research in BC.
How do we raise money?
- Individual and branch donations
- BC Hydro Historical and Modern Art Cards
- BC Hydro’s Safety Rodeos
- BCCH Jeans Day
- Power Pioneer History Book Sales
- Power Pioneers Volunteer Program
- Festival of Trees
- Power Pioneers Annual Giving Campaign (celebrated at the BCCH Miracle Weekend each year)
- SpecialProvincial and Branch fundraisers
Where does the money go?
- BC Children’s Hospital where most needed
- BC Hydro Power Pioneers Ed Turner Memorial Endowment Fund for Medical Genetics
- BC Hydro Power Pioneers Aquariums Fund
- Other (donor requested area)
Connect with volunteer opportunities right for you.
Looking to volunteer? Fill out our simple form so we can connect you with the right volunteer opportunities for you. We take the time to get to know what you’re interested and your availability to find the right match for you.