Community Service Award
The BC Hydro Power Pioneers annual Community Service Award recognizes students who dedicate a significant amount of their time and energy to volunteering in their local communities.
The BC Hydro Power Pioneers are recognizing youth who have excelled in community service. There are up to twenty $500 awards available throughout British Columbia.
We’re looking for students who have made outstanding contributions in their local community for a considerable amount of time or have initiated, organized or contributed significantly to a one-time project.
Priority will be given to students who volunteer in their local communities.
We’re looking for students who are:
- Canadian citizens or permanent residents of BC
- Graduating from high school in June of each year
The following information must be included with your application to be considered for this award:
- Completed application form (link below),
- 500 word essay of voluntary contributions you have made to your community,
- Reference letter(s) from the community organization(s) you have worked with,
- Reference letter from a teacher, counselor or principal at your school,
- Confirmation of a passing grade,
- Proof of age and citizenship or status.
Please fill in, print and attach all the required information and mail in before the deadline of March 31. Your application must be postmarked no later than March 31. Mail it in early to avoid missing the deadline. Email or faxed applications not accepted.
Contact Power Pioneers
Connect with volunteer opportunities right for you.
Looking to volunteer? Fill out our simple form so we can connect you with the right volunteer opportunities for you. We take the time to get to know what you’re interested and your availability to find the right match for you.