Being a Power Pioneer gives you opportunities to stay connected and involved.
Many members enjoy being active in events and projects with Branch members, BC Hydro and our communities. Power Pioneers keep in touch with each other through monthly meetings, social activities, volunteer community events, and through our website.
Our members are often busy with travels, family and hobbies. So we understand if you have little or no time to participate or volunteer. You’ll find the Power Pioneers very flexible and glad to see you whenever it fits your schedule. You can be involved as much or as little as you like, and you’ll still get value from your membership.
Who Can Join
If you are a retiree or employee of BC Hydro or its affiliated companies, we invite you and your spouse to become members by clicking on the JOIN US tab in the top right corner of the website. Please indicate whether you are currently an employee, retiree, spouse or associate.
Your annual membership is only $10 per person or $20 per couple. Annual dues are payable January 2 and due before February 28 each year.
Here are many of the benefits:
- Our spring and fall newsletters with news about Power Pioneers events, projects and campaigns; pensions and benefits information; retirements and memoriams; contact numbers.
- Full access to all areas of the website, much of which is not available to non-members.
- Special member pricing for the annual Christmas luncheons and bi-ennial Jamborees.
- A great way to keep in touch in person through your local branch activities, monthly meetings and luncheons.
- Opportunities to participate in all Power Pioneers events and community projects through your local branch and provincial initiatives.
- Branch membership is valid for all 15 branches.
- Membership in our Lifestyle program to keep active, earn incentives and support our Miracle Million Campaign.
- The chance to help your local community through the annual BC Hydro United Way campaign.
- Invitations to annual Christmas luncheons
- Information on retirement parties
- A way to stay connected and in touch